Photoshop has become a powerful and multipurpose tool that can create complex graphic designs and also animations without the need of additional software. Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular programs for editing and modifying photos. The released CS6 version brings new features and tools that will ease the work for designers. Here are a few of them for more check out the tutorials below.
A. The Content-Aware Move is one of the new features in Photopshop CS6. This tool has 2 options:
a. Move: allows you to move a selected object from one location to another without affecting the background. After the transition is made the object from the old location is removed.
b. Extend: allows you to extend objects like trees, buildings, walls after you have selected them with the Marquee tool.
B. Iris Blur tool let you manipulate focus in as many areas as you’d like giving the impression that you have used an expensive photo camera for the shot.
C. Camera Raw has been updated with new parameters for easy modification of a photo. You’ll see how simple is to modify the picture in a few steps and then send it over to the Photoshop application.
There are also more features to cover but for that I’ve collected some great new Photoshop tutorials that will come in handy. Practice as much as you can to master these new tools and become on of the Photoshop gurus.
Take a look at the most recent Photoshop CS6 tutorials and try a few tuts for increasing your work productivity. Learn from other fellow designers the new features like crop tool, blur gallery or video editing.
Photoshop CS6 Tutorials
1. Abstract Photo Manipulation in Photoshop CS 6
Creative tutorial on how you can manipulate images with Layer Effects and Masks.
2. Create Apple iOS Chat Bubbles in Photoshop CS6
Learn how to create cool iOS chat bubbles using Shape Layers and Layer Styles.
3. 3D TRON Legacy Text Effect in Photoshop CS6
Build amazing 3D text effects in Photoshop CS6.
4. Using the Crop Tool in Photoshop CS6
Quick look on how to reset the Crop Box and choose preview, shield, and overlay options from the Crop Tool.
5. Create dynamic art using glows and lighting effects
In this tutorial, New York-based illustrator Kervin Brisseaux shares his techniques to create a super-powered athlete within an atmosphere that draws on the traditions of sci-fi art, as well as religious iconography such as stained glass windows.
6. Create a 3D, Chrome, Logo Animation With Sound FX Using Photoshop CS6 Extended
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create and composite a 3D animation with sound and lighting effects.
7. Create Tilt-shift photography
Learn to make a tilt-shift effect (image feeling of small objects) using Photoshop CS6.
8. New layer tricks in Photoshop CS6
Photoshop CS6 has borrowed from After Effects and Premier Pro filter layers using properties such as effect, attribute, mode or color label. You can also change the blending mode, fill and opacity of different layers simultaneously.
9. Color Splash Effect in Photoshop CS6
This tutorial will cover a topic that I get asked about quite a bit, especially with mobile applications like Color Splash, that allow you to isolate a specific color in your image.
10. Easy Furry Text in Photoshop
In this tutorial we will show you how to create a really cool and super simple furry text in Photoshop CS6. We will use basic filters and tools but it’s nice to say that we took advantage of the a new feature in Photoshop CS6 that is to apply layer styles to folders.
11. Create a Compelling Product Label in Photoshop
In this tutorial, I’ll walk you through the process of creating an attractive label from scratch. Along the way, we’ll practice the use of various shape tools, the pen tool, different layer styling techniques, and advanced shading of layers and elements.
12. Create a Poster Inspired by the Movie “The Bourne Legacy”
Create a poster with a stripe pattern mask like the movie poster for The Bourne Legacy in Photoshop CS6.
13. How to Use the New Timeline Panel in Photoshop CS6
Photoshop CS6 includes a new video timeline panel that will allow you to add effects to your video clips directly in Photoshop.
14. Learn How to Create Denim and Zippers in Photoshop
Today I am going to show you how to create an denim and zipper text effect in Photoshop. We will learn how to use and manipulate some interesting techniques to achieve the desired effect.
15. The Dark Knight Rises Stencil Effect in Photoshop
In this tutorial we will create a stencil and spray effect using basic filters and some brushes. The technique is very simple and I am sure you will use it in your future projects.
16. How to Create an Epic Portal Scene in Photoshop
In this Photoshop tutorial, you’ll learn how to create a surreal portal photo manipulation with a leaking light effect.
17. Create a Cinemagraph Using Photoshop CS6
In this tutorial you’ll learn how to create a cinemagraph using the new timeline features in Photoshop CS6.
18. Photoshop CS6 Patch Tool
You’ll learn how to use the features of Photoshop’s patch tool, including the new features in CS6 like content aware and adaptation settings.
19. Create a Glass Text Effect in Photoshop Using Layer Styles
In this quick tip tutorial we will show you how to create a glass text effect using layer styles in Photoshop.
20. Create a Glass Text Effect in Photoshop Using Layer Styles
Understand the new Oil Paint filter that is simple to use and gives amazing results.
21. The Blur Gallery: Tilt-Shift Blur, Iris, & Field Blur
Learn how the master the new blur filter options.
22. How to Create a Surreal Scene with an Invisible Man Inside a Mystic Cave
This tutorial will teach you how to blend different images together, create realistic shadows, and paint light reflections in your image.
23. Working With Vectors is Easy in Photoshop CS6
24. Photoshop CS6 Includes Improved Auto Adjustment Features
25. Use New Features in Photoshop CS6 to Create an Administrator Dashboard Interface
Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our newsletter for latest web resources. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.